November 26, 2019
Happy New Year – Katahdin Youth Members!
For 2020, here are the KHSI requirements for youth membership:
- Your membership will not be renewed unless you return the renewal form. Make sure renewal form includes your year of birth.
- Only one copy of the Hairald will be mailed to each mailing address. For example, a family with three youth members and an adult membership will receive only one copy. Additional copies for our youth members can be purchased for $5/year per subscription (this is a great price).
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to send your 2020 dues check and Renewal Forms/Invoice to the KHSI Registry Office, PO Box 231, Wamgeo, KS 66547 (envelope enclosed).
Please include Youth Donations.
Opportunity to donate to Katahdin Youth programs. Donations are voluntary. With help from member donations of $50 or more, KHSI has been able to support several youth programs the past several years. Please donate to the youth activity of your choosing:
- Youth Scholarship Fund
- All American Junior Show (AAJS) fund (will result in your flock name on banners around the AAJS arena)
- Youth Show fund (covers Kennedy Family National Katahdin Junior Show and a few select regional youth shows including Leroy Boyd Show, Midwest Junior Preview and Big E.)
You can include your donations in your dues check. Please designate which fund(s) you want your donation to cover. Contact KHSI Operations in Fowlerville, MI for more information if you have questions about different donation opportunities.
1) Fill out the 2020 KHSI Invoice (include optional donations to youth programs.)
2) Optional: Fill out the 2020 KHSI Listing & Website Update Form. This includes more information about your flock that is posted at the website. Flocks with aseasonal lambing ewes, semen, embryos, yearlings as well as lambs for sale can have that information posted.
What contact numbers and email addresses should you include in your membership listing for sales?
- KHSI recommends you list only the number(s) that will consistently reach the person that handles sheep sales.
- Don’t include an email address or phone number that you don’t check promptly or regularly.
USA & Canadian Scrapie Programs. Only a small percentage of Katahdin flocks are in the Scrapie Flock Certification Program (SFCP), so please mark SFCP only if your flock participates. Just because you tag sheep with a scrapie tag does not mean that your flock is in SFCP.
2020 Katahdin Expo.
Mark your calendars for July 16-18, 2020 and come to 2020 KHSI Expo
Hardin County Cooperative Extension Service Facility
111 Opportunity Way,
Elizabethtown, Kentucky 42701.
The Expo committee is organizing a great program and we expect an excellent selection of Katahdins at the Expo sale. Watch the Hairald and our website www.katahdins.org for future details.
Thank you for your membership. KHSI looks forward to helping your flock have a successful 2020.