ATTENTION: The KHSI Registrar’s Office has changed as of January 1, 2018!
Note that the prior registrar service, accuRegister, had an ~8 week backlog. They almost caught up, but forwarded a small box of pending work orders to the new registrar, Associated Registries. We expect them to take a few weeks in January to be completely caught up. Please contact Associated if you have any questions or concerns about pending work orders going forward.
Registration prices are going up in 2018. 2017 prices will be honored through the end of January.
KHSI’s Contract Registrar (as of Jan 1, 2018):
Note that Registrar office is open 8:30-4:30, CST, Monday-Friday (closed on holidays). West Coast customers should take this into account when calling/emailing, that they are two hours ahead of PST/PDT. Customers who contact the Registrar after hours or on weekends can expect a response the next working day.
We have two methods to register your Katahdin sheep:
- KHSI_Work_Order_Fees_Registration_&_Instructions (pdf print version):
Download the PDF file and save to your hard drive so that you always have a copy. Then print the PDF file as needed. Fill out with pen and/or pencil. (You will need Adobe Reader® software or another PDF reader. It is free to download, if you do not have a copy on your computer). Pay by check or via PayPal on the KHSI site.
- Animal Registration Form Fill-out Form (pdf fill-out form):
Download the PDF file and save to your hard drive. Fill it out electronically in the Adobe Reader®. Then, you can save a copy of the filled-out file for later use, to save time when using the form in the future. Print the file and mail to the Registry address listed below. Or email the saved PDF to the registry: email@example.com. Pay by check or via PayPal on the KHSI site.
If you are not sure how much you owe for a registration order, refer to the Work Order form for prices. If you are still unsure, you can contact the Registrar (contact info above) to ask for help in tallying your order; but do allow one business day after they receive your work order for this to occur.
Time saving tip: Save a copy of the filled-out form for your records on your hard drive or in your cloud backup system. When registering sheep by opening a previous Registration Application Form and change all pertinent information, such as: 1) the date, 2) the transaction #s on the Work Order page, 3) the new animals and their correct information being registered or transferred. DOUBLE CHECK YOUR WORK BEFORE SENDING!
If you experience problems with registrations, or other issues with the registry, here’s how to escalate:
- First try calling and/or emailing the Registrar’s office, using the contact information above, to see if you can get your issue resolved.
- If you do not find resolution within 24 hours, or have feedback on registry staff interactions, contact the Registrar’s office, above, and ask to speak to Jeff Ebert, the manager.
- If you do not find resolution within another 24 hours, or have feedback on registrar staff/owner interactions, escalate to the KHSI board. You can contact any board member, or KHSI Operations, but Michelle Canfield is the Registry Liaison.